Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
- Crunchy bass vibrating my ear drums
- As close as I'll ever get to seeing Joy Division
- Peter Hook's beard
- Hearing the "back in the day" stories by grandpa goths at the bar
- Maybe randomly playing Monaco's "What Do you Want From Me"
- Co$t... this is going to hurt
- "What do you mean Love Will Tear Us Apart wasn't on this album?"
- Has a new band, has a new club... Anniver$ary of Ian Curti$' death?
- "I have the rare textured sleeve... got it off ebay"
- It will prob. be packed= elbows in the tits
- Webster Hall smoke machines smell like ass syrup
My friends and I got a chance to talk with Steve Drewett outside the venue for a while with his sweetheart wife. So what has he been doing all these years? WEB DESIGN! After making a this quick career move, he finally has decided to go back where he belongs... THANK YOU! He told us fun stories about sleeping on Justin Sullivan's floor and having Kajagoogoo's tour bus when he was in the Neurotics. They didn't take the big Kajagoogoo off the side of the bus and they were confused for the two-toned-spiky-i dunno what the fuck is going on hair-pop band- when they were on the road... He must have been one of the happiest men I've ever met and I really hope he decides to come back to NYC really soon!
The rest of the evening I spent walking around the venue and dropping in and out of sets by Jon Auer of The Posies and For Against... Most importantly staring down Mark Burgess while he was enjoying a smoke outside because I am a total creep... I was ready to hear this man's howling voice.
This was the closest I'm ever going to come to The Chameleons... They played all my favorites like "Perfume Garden" and "Pleasure and Pain". The set was all Chameleons except for ending their set with Alternative TV's "Splitting in Two"... Mark Burgess was jumping around with his red Big Take Over tshirt on full of energy. I was really impressed with the eye-lined backing band and my ears were ringing for a few days after this show.
I'm still in "did that just happen?" mode...